Are you bored? Well come and join us for International Game Day on November 1st and November 5th. We will have life-sized versions of classic board games such as: Scrabble, Clue, Candyland, Battleship, and Checkers. For those who love Harry Potter we have a Quidditch relay race, along with Hungry Hungry Hippos, and PacMan.
In honor of International Board Game Day, we asked our fellow staff members what their favorite board games are. Here are the results:
- Toni loves to play Munchkin because she can mess up other players and reign chaos. Mwhahahahahaha!
- Katie likes to play Hungry Hungry Hippos because who doesn’t love hippos eating marbles?
- Will, Cheri, and Huyen all love to play Monopoly.
- Krystal loves to play Candyland since she played it often with her four boys when they were young.
- Josie loves Clue, because: “Murder, of course!”
- Jennifer: “My favorite game is The Settlers of Catan. I like it because the board changes every time I play.”
- Sandie likes to play Clue because of the mystery and the different characters.
- Andrew: “I like to play Risk because I like waging war against others brutally. I also like 18th century European politics.
- Tuyet also loves to play risk: “Because I love the idea of dominating the whole world.”
- AnnMarie likes to play Sorry because it is a frequently used word in her vocabulary.
- Shana loves to play Sorry too since she can wait until her opponents get close to home and then knock them back to start! Vengeance is hers.
- Angela: “I like the game Balderdash because it sparks a lot of creativity and it always good for a few laughs.”
- Debbie likes to play Life, one of the newer versions, because there are quirky houses and professions to choose from. It is fun to use to teach kids.
- Beth enjoys playing Patchwork because it is a two player game about quilting.
- Michael enjoys playing Mousetrap because players get to enjoy the careful calculations of the game.
- Gina likes to play Yahtzee because, “It’s pure luck. I have no skill so luck is good.”
- Bonnie likes to play Life, “Because you can sell off your children for cash.”
- Cathy and Dave enjoy playing playing Trivial Pursuit. Cathy because “I finally have a use for the plethora of useless information in my head”. And Dave because, “I like being tested on little facts, and learning facts during the game. I guess you can tell I’m a librarian.”
- Bret loves to play Tokaido, because it is Asian themed Silk Road type of game. “It has a lot of history and strategy”.
- Elizabeth likes to play Cribbage because of the historical background of the game since it dates back to the 1600s in England, and that careful strategy is required.
- Colleen loves to play Clue because she is one of six kids and it was the only game she could win.
- Renee likes to play Backgammon because of the strategy needed to win the game.
As you can see, library staff enjoys playing a wide variety of games. What games do you like to play? Celebrate 2017 International Games Week with us on Wednesday, November 1st at 3:30 and Saturday, November 5th at 2:00. May the odds be ever in your favor.